Why Use Promotional Products and Incentives?
Tangible, promotional products are the only medium that engages all five of the recipient’s senses. Your customers see, hear, touch, taste and even smell them. With 100’s to choose from, promotional products vary in cost from the very affordable to premium specialty items. Branding these giveaways with your company’s logo and contact information provide a definite and obvious advantage over some other forms of marketing in that they become part of the recipient’s physical environment.
According to a recent survey conducted by the Promotional Products Association International:
- 71% of an audience consisting primarily of business people reported having received a promotional product during the past 12 months
- 34% of this group had the item on their person
- 76% of respondents could recall the advertiser’s name on the product they received
- 52% of respondents did business with the advertiser after receiving the promotional product
- 55% kept their promotional products for more than a year
Even in a downtrodden economy, companies still must advertise their products and services. Those that don’t will soon find themselves forgotten by their existing customers and unknown to those who may be seeking the kinds of products or services they provide. The mix of your marketing efforts should ideally consist of at least three methods, or channels, for reaching out to your desired customer. When deciding on what your marketing mix should be, keep in mind that with branded products you will possess a long term advantage over images that flicker briefly on a computer or television screen and become yesterday’s news in print media. Imprinted products are durable and oftentimes cherished artifacts that people love to keep around the office and for personal use! Don’t let your name be forgotten. Create a continuous presence!